maybe the most important question

Yet its one that I have never asked before. What is my story doing for you? I've never asked it for any of my novels, but I decided to ask it particularly with Switched, since I'm trying to publish it, and if someone else asks, I ought to have an answer.

What do I think the audience will gain from reading this?

Answer: I want to give what I've gotten.

Writing is it a joy, but that's not what I meant. The things I read and watch are because I want a chance to escape into something else. If I haven't cried, forgotten the time, laughed out loud, or felt my race in anticipation or fear, then I've probably stopped reading it ten pages in (or watching it ten minutes in). And I've also come to love that soft warm feeling in my belly when the heroine and the hero kiss (or almost kiss) for the first time.

That is what I want to give you, the reader. A chance to feel things and forget about what's going on around you. Life is complicated and messy, but more often, it's boring and it's a waiting game between events. But with a book, it can be all the good stuff.

When you stop reading, I want you to feel better than you did when you started, but I want you to want more. And if it all possible, I want to infuse a bit more hope and wonder into your life.

That's what I'm trying acheive in Switched. I want make you excited, not just about the book, but about life. When I am reading or writing a good book, it feels like I'm falling in love. I'm daydreamy, swoony, and I'm in a good mood. I want you to have that feeling too. That passion and happiness, and I want it to carry on beyond the pages.

So, that's what I hope my story does for you. Sometimes, it can make you think, but the basic idea is that I want you to feel good. And I think I can do that, if you're a teenager/early 20's girl/gay guy that enjoys pop culture and romance. If you watch the CW or read Twilight (or most likely, both), you'll probably enjoy my book, and you'll probably take away from what I wanted to give.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Jim Henson predicted the end of the world

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)