Introduce Your Students to Classical Composers!

Believe it or not, my Kindergarten students can name what a composer is and why they are important!  They also can tell you what classical music is and talk about how it makes you feel!  And the best part is... I haven't taught any lessons on either of those topics!!! 

I use a simple routine with my class that I call the "Composer of the Month."  Each morning while the students are unpacking, I put on classical music from a different composer each month.  When I turned off the music, I initially told them "The composer we were just listening to was ______.  He/She is important because composers write music."  After a few weeks, I asked "What composer are we listening to? What is a composer?"  It was so simple and made our unit on classic music far easier to teach!


13 cute signs to hang up to go along with this routine are included:
- Johann Sebastian Bach
- Ludwig Van Beethoven
- Johannes Brahms
- Frederic Chopin
- George Fredric Handel
- Joseph Haydn
- Fanny Mendelssohn Hensel
- Felix Mendelssohn
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Franz Schubert
- Clara Schumann
- Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Antonio Vivaldi

If you would like me to add any additional composers, just send me an email at aturntolearn@gmail.com and I'll be happy to do so!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)