Fun Way to Get Your Kids to Stop Chatting!



This idea is actually a gem that one of my students thought of a few years ago!  One of my classes' favorite YouTube videos was this one... "If You're a Boy" from Harry Kindergarten. 




Well... my kids were chatty one day and I said "If you're a boy zip your lips."  One of my girls said "If you're a boy, a boy, if you're a boy zip your lips!"  And so a new tradition was born!

When my kids get chatty, all I do is start to sing the song!

If they're extra loud, I have them do actions that will get the other students attention (e.g. ones that make them move more or make more noise) such as: pat your legs, jump up and down or clap your hands.

If there's only one or two students chatting, I usually do more silent action, such as zip your lips, fold your hands.

I actually also use this to get my students to clean up at the end of their writing period.  I break it down step by step for them (since they're kindergarten), so I'll say "If you're a boy, a boy, if you're a boy put your crayon away."  Then I follow it by fold your hands, push in your chair, and walk to the carpet.

How do you get your kids to quiet down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)