Race Car Centers for Common Core & a Freebie!

Back in April I started to make these adorable race car centers for the common core standards but I never finished them!  So today I made it my goal to finish them... and I did!




There are five ELA centers:
  • Phonics Bingo (Beginning Sounds) (CCS.K.RF.3ab, CCS:K.RF.1d)
  • Middle Vowel Drivers (Middle Vowel Sounds in CVC words) (CCS:K.RF.2d, CCS:K.RF.3ab, CCS:1.RF.2c)
  • Race Through a Word (Reading CVC & CVCe Words) (CCS:K.RF.2cd, CCS.K.RF.3ab, CCS:1.RF.2b, CCS:1.RF.3bc)
  • Digraphs Keys (Beginning Digraphs sh, ch, wh, and th) (CCS:1.RF.3a)
  • Race to Read Words (Pre-Primer, Primer, and 1st Grade Dolch Words) (CCS:K.RF.1ab CCS:K.RF.3cd, CCS:1.RF.3g)



Math Centers:
  • Race for More and Less (Comparing groups of objects to 20) (CCS:K.CC.4abc CCS:K.CC.5, CCS:K.CC.6, CCS:K.NBT.1 CCS:1.NBT.2ab)
  • Road War (More and Less Using Numbers) (CCS.K.CC.4c, CCS:K.CC.6, CCS:K.CC.7, CCS:1.NBT.2ab, CCS:K.NBT.3

All the centers are available in color and black and white! :)
  • Skip Counting Race (Skip Counting by 10s, 5s, and 2s) (CCS:K.CC.1, CCS.1.NBT.2ac)
  • Time to Write the Room! (Time to the Hour and Half Hour) (CCS:1.MD.3)
  • Steering Wheel Addition (Adding Numbers to 20) (CCS:K.OA.1, CCS:K.OA.2, CCS:K.OA.5, CCS:1.OA.5, CCS:1.OA.6)
I had such a fun time making these I can't wait to print them out and laminate them!

Now, of course,  here's a freebie for my followers... one of the games from the set!!!  Click the picture below to download the game in color and black and white!

Note: This freebie is hosted on Google Docs.  Once you open the file, click File > Download to save onto your computer! 
 
 
And let's do a quick flash giveaway!
 
Can you guess which book I just started to read that I am loving?  
 I'll give you one hint: it's not a teaching book!

The first two people to get it right will win the whole set!  Be sure to leave your email address!

Thanks to everyone who entered!  The book(s) I'm currently reading is the Hunger Games Trilogy!  I finished the first one in two days and I'm on the second one now.  I was so nervous that they'd be gory but they're not at all!


Congrats to Tanya at First Grade is Fantabulous! and Deneise McGowan for being the first two people to guess correctly!  I'll be sending you the file soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)