Classroom Jobs!

There are so many possibilities for classroom jobs, and the kids just love them!  I always have one job for each student in my class!  I just added a bunch more jobs to my job chart set, and I added a jungle themed job chart by request!


Here's the jungle themed set... I had a blast making the textures for the jungle theme and it really made me think about making a whole jungle classroom theme! But I think I love my Dr. Seuss theme too much!



Here are the jobs I use in my classroom (and a few that I don't use since I don't have enough kids for all these jobs!):

    • Line Leader
    • Door Holders
    • Table Helper
    • Easel Eraser
    • Sanitizer Helper
    • Messenger: To bring the attendance folder (and anything else needed) to the office).
    • Lights Helper
    • Smartboard Helper: To turn on/off the smartboard when we use it.
    • Homework Helper: To stamp the homework and hand out homework folders when it's time to pack up.
    • Librarian: To be sure that all of the books are in the right bin and are nice and neat.  Also, to monitor students while they trade in the books they took home to be sure that all of the books came back!
    • Timer Helper: I love to use timers in my class!  I set timers for everything: 15 minutes for writing, 20 minutes for centers (through two separate timers... a 15 minute one for the kitchen/block center to play, then a 5 minute timer for them to clean up while everyone else plays for five more minutes).  The kids know that the second the time goes off its time to clean up and make their way to their seats! It's awesome!  I used to use a kitchen timer but just recently got the timer pictured.  It's expensive, but the kids just grab the red, green, or yellow timer when we start an activity.
    This next one is my favorite!!!

    Click the picture for an entire post about the action cup!
    • Action Cup Helper: This one of my kids' favorites!  Each time we transition from our seats to the carpet, or visa versa, they pick an action from the cup.  Some of the actions are simple, like "hop on one foot," some are silly, like "pretend your legs are spaghetti," and some are student created, like "fly like a jet."  We use these actions so frequently that the kids could "read" them by November.
    • Treasure Chest Helper: I use a color chart for the classroom.  At the end of the day, the students have the chance to get a prize from the treasure chest, a pencil, or a sticker.  The "treasure chest helper" sets up the prizes and makes sure that each student only gets one prize.
    • Computer Technician: We have three computers in our classroom, and the students rotate to the computer to do an education program that tracks their progress for me.  We have so many random computer problems, and I showed the students how to fix each of the problems.  They know how to to fix everything... even how to close an unresponsive program (Control+Alt+Delete on PC or Command+Option+Esc on Mac)  The Computer Technician is the one who goes to fix the problem if a student can't fix it his/herself, and reports any unfixable problems to me. 
    • Meteorologist
    • Pencil Sharpener
    • Caboose
    • Secretary: To pick up the phone
    • Writing Helper: To hand out “space jewels” (craft jewels from Michael’s which I have the students use to put spaces in between their words), and to hand out the Self-Check pieces from my writing set
    • Water Monitor: To count while students drink water at the water fountain so they don’t take too long!
    • Teacher Helper
    • Trash Collector
    • Lunch Helper
    • Snack Helper
    • Kindness Finder: To look for other students who are being kind and report it to the class
    • Class Chorister: To lead the class while singing
    • Chair Patrol: To check that all the chairs are pushed in
    • Pet Feeder
    • Supply Monitor
    • Calendar Helper
    • Paper Monitor
    • Sports Equipment Monitor
    • Substitute
    • Waste Management
    • Day Counter: To count how many days the class has been in school
    • Attendance Helper
    • Temperature Helper
    • Weather Helper
    • Classroom Experts: Ask these students about centers, classroom expectations, what to when you are stuck, etc, before going to the teacher.
    • Student Council: Attend student council meetings and inform class about various school activities.
    • Fire Marshal
    • Noise Monitor
    • Plant Caretaker
    • Pet Manager




    As part of  one of my classroom management routines, "The Most Points," I let one student per day pick their job!  It's a free routine that you can download over at TPT by clicking the picture below!



    What classroom jobs do you use in your classroom?

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    How to Open QR Codes

    Technology Tuesday Postponed!

    Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)