Favorite Phonics Songs

I have to say, my students just LOVE the phonics songs that are available on YouTube!  This year, I incorporated these songs into my daily teaching of sight words, and it has made a major difference!  Each time I introduce a new word, we watch the movie for the phonics songs that goes along with it and spend time seeing how the song applies to the word.  The students not only remember their current sight words better, but also use these rules to decode new words.  It's truly amazing every time I see one of my Kindergarten students sounding out words with super e, ee, ou, oo, ow, and aw!    It makes me so proud!

Click the picture below to see my favorite phonics songs in a "Glog."   The phonics songs are all embedded into the page, so it's perfect for use in your classroom or for linking onto your class website!



I'm linking this glog full of YouTube music videos up with Miss Nelson, Teaching Maddeness, Teaching with Z and Manic Monday! 

     >


Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)