A Fun End of Year Gift Idea!

All over the blog world, everyone is talking about the end of the year!  I'm not even close to it!  I still have about 50 days left and two more report cards to write!  My school does start a bit late though... it starts after Labor Day, so it evens out.

Anyhow, I've come across two linky parties with some end of year gift ideas, and I figure I'd do a quick blog post about the gift I gave my kids last year!



Their gift included:
-a beach bucket and shovel
-7 books (see my previous post here to find out how to get books for dirt cheap)
-a wiffle ball
-bubbles
-a toy car
-a necklace for the girls (the boys got two toy cars)

The kids loved it because it was simple and fun!  And it was pretty inexpensive thanks to dollar store deals.  But.. this gift had a catch!  Their end of year gift may look fun (and it was!) but it also was academic!  Check out my letter below to see how this gift helped them practice key skills over the summer!  Click the picture to download it via Google Docs!

Note: This preview uses the font Janda Manatee Solid.  Once you download the file off Google Docs (File > Download), it will look different if you don't have the font installed.  Feel free to install the font using the link above, or use a different one!

Let me know what you think!

This post is linked up with some linky parties:

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)