Happy Birthday, Wendy Everly!

If you've read my book Switched, then you're familiar with the leading lady, Wendy Everly. And as you discover in Ascend, her birthday is January 9th. It's also the birthday of my friend Valerie, who is a real person. I just thought I should point that out since Wendy is fictional.

So Switched has been out for over a week, and the response has been pretty great.

I spent last week in New York doing some press, and not blogging nearly as much as I wanted to. Doing interviews is more work than it sounds. I did a great interview with NPR, which aired yesterday, and based on the replies I got, I'd say a lot of people heard it & liked it. I also did a radio interview with a BBC station, but I'm not sure when/where that will air, because I'm not nearly familiar enough with the BBC as I'd liked to be.

I also taped a segment for the hit daytime talk show Anderson starring the silver fox himself, Anderson Cooper. It was pretty much the most terrifying/fun/surreal thing I've ever done in my life. I'm not sure exactly when it will air, but the producers told me they thought it'd be somewhere around the 13th. But you're DVRing it everyday, anyway, right? ;)

I also did a meet and greet with a few local book bloggers in New York. That was actually really cool, and it was awesome to be able to have a conversation with them in real life. It's something I'd definitely want to do again. You can check out more about that at Good Choice Reading, where they have pics and a really awesome giveaway: here.

I'm back home in Minnesota now, enjoying a few more days with my friends, family, and menagerie of animals before I hit the road again for a big tour in the UK, Italy, and Spain. Over the next couple days, I'll be doing some local press, and a book signing in Rochester, MN at Barnes & Noble.

Right now, I'm sleepy, and should be sleeping, I wasn't sleepy like twenty minutes so I decided to give up on sleep after tossing and turning for 3 hours in bed since I have get up at 4 in the morning to drive to Iowa to do an interview for KIMT. But now I'm tired, and I don't think I should sleep, because then I'll be super tired, and won't get up in time to get ready, and I'll be on TV looking gross, and nobody wants to see me on TV looking gross.

Anyway. I'll try to be better about blogging. And after Anderson airs, I plan to post more about the taping of the episode.

Oh! And have you guys read "The Vittra Attacks?" I'm seriously dying to know what people think of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)