Hollowmen News!

Good news, everybody! I have published Hollowmen for the Kindle and the Nook! They should both be for sale within the next 24-72 hours.

And because I know I'm going to get asked this a lot, and probably still get angry comments and emails demanding to know why people can't get the book yet, I'm going to bold this part: From this point on, I have absolutely no control or idea when the books will be published. It's up to Amazon and Barnes & Noble, and it should be sometime in the next 72 hours.

I'm very excited about this. I worked very hard on this book, and I hope that you'll all enjoy it. I definitely think this book is a bit more R-rated than its successor, so that's something to keep in mind if you're purchasing it for your children. As always, I recommend that parents read books before and/or with their kids so they can decide what's appropriate for them.

As soon as the book does go for sale, I will post links on where to get it at. People are usually pretty good about letting everyone know when they find it, so you can also check out my Facebook and Twitter, because things tend to pop up there before my blog.

And as excited as I am about all of this, I feel like I need to get something off my chest. I want to preface this by saying that I love you guys and I appreciate you and I know that I wouldn't be here without you. But lately, I've been getting more and more feedback stating that you don't think that's true. And I've also been getting yelled at more because I'm not doing things how or when you wanted me to.

And here's the thing, guys. I love you. Really I do. And I show that love by always trying to do the best I can for you. Writing the best possible books I can for you. I'm not a factory, though. I'm a person. And sometimes things take longer than I mean for them to, just because that's how writing goes or sometimes because things happen in my personal life.

This doesn't mean that I don't love you. I don't delay the release of a book to piss you off. In fact, I try to never set particular release dates for books so I can't disappoint you, yet somehow, for reasons I don't know, I hear things like, "Hollowmen was supposed to be out on October 19th! Where is it?!" When I have never, ever, ever issued an exact release date for that novel. Never. So I don't know where people heard that date, but then they were mad at me because I hadn't delivered on something I'd never even promised.

I try really hard to make everybody happy, but that's impossible, and as a result, I'm giving myself an ulcer and developing an aversion to blogging. Because inevitably a blog will lead to comments about how I'm making someone very unhappy in some way. And I don't want to make anyone unhappy. I want to make you all happy, and not just because of what you've done for me, but because I like to make people happy.

I am currently incredibly stressed out by a multitude of things going on my life. Not all of them are work related, but some of them are. And it's because of this I find it so upsetting when people are all, "You don't even care!" Because I care very much. Too much in fact, and it's probably this excessive amount of caring that is ruining my life.

I guess what I'm saying is that I do care. I am doing the best I can for you. And things might not always get done as soon as you want them, and I'm sorry about that, but things don't always get done as soon as I want them too, either. I wanted this book published in October. But it wasn't ready then, and I'd rather wait a month and publish a better book then rush through something and publish a piece of crap so you can have it sooner. I think that's far more respectful to you the reader.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)