Certification for Web Experience Factory

After 20 years of working in the IT industry, I thought it would be nice to get a certification in something, so I finally took the time to study the new features in WEF 7 and attempt the test.

Hard to Know Everything

Rarely does one have the opportunity to learn all the features of a product, usually a client will focus on a subset of functionality because of the way they do things. One can become an expert with those features, but this produces a false sense that the expertise extends to everything. My case was no exception. Fortunately I worked with WEF on several client engagements which gave me a broader experience.

Why is this relevant? I strongly suggest that anyone who wants to take a certification test attempt a sample test first, which is what I did. It allowed me to evaluate the level of difficulty (it was not easy) and also pointed out the gaps that I needed to focus on.

So there it is, my first certification and a new footnote on my email signature.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)