The Oscars

Every year, Eric tries to force everybody he's ever met into Oscar bets with him. I'm pretty sure that I'm the only who's ever beaten him, but every time we got against each other, we're like a point or two away from each other. We love the Oscars.

Here are my picks for the evening:

Best Actor: Colin Firth
Best Actress: Natalie Portman
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale
Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo
Best Director: Darren Affronsky (Black Swan)
Best Picture: Black Swan (Eric says it will be The King's Speech, and he's probably right, but I already locked in my vote)
Best Original Screenplay: Inception (I'm not convinced this will win - but it should win)
Best Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network
Best Original Score: Inception (this is actually the win I'm most excited about - the Inception score is totally and completely brilliant and NEEDS to win)
Best Documentary: Exit Through the Gift Shop
Best Foreign Film: Biutiful 
Best Visual Effects: Inception
Best Art Direction: Inception

I voted on the other categories too, but I really hate voting for them because they're hard to pick. It all feels like guessing to me. I mean, all my picks are guesses, but they're educated guesses at least.

I would love to see an upset with Inception for Best Picture, but I know that won't happen.  Because the academy hates Christopher Nolan. I don't know why. But it's true. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Inception walked away with zero Oscars tonight. But I'm still voting for it.

Also, I'm crazy excited to see what Franco does with hosting. I'm sure it will be a hoot. So... that's that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)