Missing

Jacob Wetterling is still missing.

When I was a kid, I used to lay awake at night a lot, imagining where he might be. I always thought he'd be in Egypt. I don't know why exactly. But I just thought nobody would look for him there, so he might be there, and nobody would know. He might be there alive.

I think less about where he is now. Sometimes I still do. I imagine that he was brainwashed, and he doesn't know who he is. But he's an adult now, and he's far away from who ever kidnapped him. He's a little damaged from the experience, but he's met a nice a girl, and he's going to therapy and moving on with his life.

I don't know if I believe that's true. But I hope it is.

When the FBI began digging up around his neighbor's house last year, I sorta had a mini-breakdown. It occurred to me - like really occurred to me for the first time - that he might not be alive. I watched footage of the farm being exacavated on a news broadcast, and I ended up sobbing uncontrollably. Something about the reality of it was devestating.

But Patty Wetterling held it together. What little she said about it was thoughtful and objective. That woman is my hero. I can't even fathom how she does that. The level of bravery and resilience and poise is astounding.

I was thinking about all the good Patty Wetterling has done for missing and exploited children. She's worked so hard, in spite of so much, and I want to help.

I have a book I plan to release soon. (I'm thinking April, right now). It's called with Lost Without You, and it's about a teenager who goes missing and her friends frantic attempts to find her. When it's released, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Jacob Wetterling Resource Center. I'm not sure how much yet, but I will have a definite percentage when I release Lost Without You.

Until then, I encourage you all to look into the foundation and to donate if you can.

For more information on Jacob Wetterling, including an age progressed photo, please click: here.

If you have any information about Jacob Wetterling or his adbudctor, please contact the Stearns County Sheriff's Office (Minnesota) - Missing Persons Unit - 1-320-259-3700.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)