The Faculty is awesome

I, for one, am glad Kevin Williamson is so busy lately.

I watched The Faculty tonight, and let me tell you something - I love that movie. I have it on VHS somewhere, and the soundtrack is tucked away in box of CDs (probably near the VHS). I just got the Bluray for it, and it's an excellent choice.

Do you ever watch movies when you're a teenager, think they're totally awesome, then go back and watch them years later and go, "Wait. What?" (*hint hint nudge nudge* Reality Bites *cough cough*) Well, thankfully, The Faculty wasn't one of those movies. It's as fantastic as I remember it being, and it's always a pleasure to seen Bebe Neuworth and her never ending gams.

If you're not familiar with Kevin Williamson, he made a few popular gems in the late 90s and early 00s, like Dawson's Creek, the first two Screams, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Faculty, and Cursed.

He also did Teaching Mrs. Tingle, which I believe was loosely based on Killing Mr. Griffen by Lois Duncan. Mrs. Tingle had a lot of issues though because it was set to release right around the time that the Columbine shootings happened, and then everything changed, and I think it suffered because of that.

But anyway - the moral is Kevin Williamson has been working on The Vampire Diaries and Scream 4 - both of which I'm very excited about, and I'm thrilled to see him so busy lately because I love his work.

When he first started getting a name, I remember a lot of people criticizing him for his similarities to John Hughes, which I think is just crap. I do think he built on the platform that John Hughes created, but what's wrong with that?

I enjoy Kevin Williamson. I'm looking forward to Scream 4 (not as much as my roommate, who is literally counting down the days at this point). And that's all I have to say about that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)