An Ode to Kieran Culkin



I just saw Scott Pilgrim vs The Universe, and it blew my mind even more than I thought it would, and I've been waiting in anticipation for this film for like 2 years. Which in my time is a very, very, very long time. It might as well be forever.

What you may not know about me is that I am a massive fan of the Culkin family. Inappropriately obsessed, perhaps. But Kieran is my favorite. Why, you ask? Because he is awesome. The most awesome. 

Exhibit A: Igby Goes Down. The best movie ever that's "not" based on Catcher in the Rye.

Exhibit B: Lymelife. Two Culkins in that one. And that movie isn't that great. But the part where Kieran fights with Alec Baldwin feels is pretty awesome, in a dysfunctional way.

Exhibit C: Scott Pilgrim. Nobody delivered as many awesome one-liners as Keiran Culkin, and the family had a lot of awesome one-liners. Not mention about ten million of my favorite actors. And also Michael Cera.

(Side note: Michael Cera is turning into a cotton swab. He's like a were-Q-tip.)



The moral of the story? I don't have one. Keiran Culkin is awesome, and I'm happy to see him being in films again, after an unfair 7 year lapse. Which, as you know, is unbelievably in long in my time.  

So: Go see Scott Pilgrim. Also recommended: Entering the giveaway to win four books. 

P.S. I'm aware this isn't really an "ode." But it sounds better labeling it has such.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)