a day that will live in infamy

Guys, Blade Runner is a really good movie.

But that's not what I'm here to talk about. Stephen King sold Carrie when he was 26-years-old. Because of this random fact, 26 has been the bar that I measured success by. I had to be a real writer by the time I was 26 or it meant I would never be a real writer. That's what I said inside my head.

I'm 26 now. As of today, July 28, 2010, I've sold over 10,000 books.

No, my writing career has not been how I pictured it when I was a kid. But in some ways, it's a lot better.

I'm not saying I'm better than Stephen King. He's clearly a better writer and has more success than I can ever hope to achieve. I'm never actually going to compete with him, not in any real way. But this was never about being better than him.

But I did reach my goal. I am still reaching it. And that's pretty amazing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)