don't you forget me

Here's something else I realized while watching both The Breakfast Club and Lucas today: Saying I love "bad" 80's movies is pretty redundant. No movie from the 80's good. Don't get me wrong. I love them. All of them. If it's from the 80's, I'm totally into it.

And The Breakfast Club is one of the most awesome movies of all time. (I have a movie poster of it in my office, and my ringtone on my phone is "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds.) I actually cried when John Hughes died, and then suffered incredible frustration when I spent the next week explaining to everyone who John Hughes was and why he was so friggin amazing.

But let's be honest - The Breakfast Club is so cheesy. It really is. And Lucas ends with a slow clap! It actually ends with everyone in the school looking at poor adorable Corey Haim and doing a slow clap!

I've been my whole life for a real-life slow clap moment, and I still haven't found one. I've stumbled across many moments where I clapped, and nobody else did, so it wasn't really a slow clap. It was more like a clap fumble.

But someday, I'll have a slow clap moment, and that will be the single greatest day of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)