she's batshit - that's what happened

Now that I have the internet, I have once again entered the exhausting and anxious business of trying to get my book published.



I have decided to focus all my attention on Switched because it isn't as generic or redundant as book about vampires right now. (Not that My Blood Approves is either of those things. But it is about vampires.) And not that many people are writing about sexy trolls and have high school bands referencing John Hughes. I win on those counts



Here is my query letter, if you feel like writing one:



"When Wendy Everly was six-years-old, her mother tried to kill her because she was convinced Wendy was a monster. Eleven years later, Wendy’s still not sure if her mother was right. In my 90,000 word urban fantasy/young adult SWITCHED, Wendy finds herself being “stalked” by Finn Holmes, and she can’t decide if he’s creepy or foxy, or maybe both. Then he tells her that she’s a changeling, and despite her better judgment, she lets him take her back to the world of Trylle – beautiful, powerful, wealthy, and entirely supernatural. Suddenly, Wendy finds herself poised for a throne she doesn’t want and falling for someone she can’t have, and it seems that everything has a very high price.



The story is based on the original interpretation of trolls as cunning and beautiful, but wild and ill-tempered. At its heart, SWITCHED is a modern fairy tale, trying to mesh the worlds of Jim Henson (Labyrinth) and John Hughes (Pretty in Pink). SWITCHED is meant to be the first of a trilogy, with the story culminating in Wendy’s rise to power. I’ve already started writing the sequel and have the outline for the third."



The end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Open QR Codes

Technology Tuesday Postponed!

Mega Giveaway! (Today only!!!)